Picking the Right Hand Truck to Suit Your Needs
When you are looking to purchase hand trucks you may be amazed and overwhelmed with all the options you have to choose from. While the first thought of a hand truck that may come to mind is a standard two wheeled one; that is not your only option.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when you are considering purchasing hand trucks:
• What type of use do you need it for? Is it for home, warehouse or commercial use?
If you need the hand truck for home use a folding hand truck might be a great option for you since it is easily stored. If it’s for commercial use; perhaps transporting liquids then a drum truck may be what you will need.
• What is the maximum load weight and dimensions that will be placed on the hand truck?
Hand trucks come in a variety of styles ranging from lightweight hand trucks which are great for home use, to heavy duty hand trucks which would be more geared towards industrial use.
• Do you need a two wheel hand truck only or is there a possibility you may need a cart?
With a good load of jobs a simple two wheel hand truck will suffice. There are some jobs however that may require a cart. You may want to consider getting a convertible hand cart. While it is a two wheeled hand truck, it is specially designed to convert into a four wheeled one if the situation demands.
• Will you be able to physically handle the heavy loads that hand carts can sometimes weigh?
While many people will be able to handle wheeling most loads without a problem for those of you that would like to forgo on the physical stress of if you just want to make life easier on yourself you may want to consider a motorized or electric hand truck. There is a variety of styles to choose from.
• Do you need the hand truck for a single purpose or are there additional purposes that may present themselves in the future?